Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Welcome Back, Kirby

After a six-year hiatus, I'm back to blogging some occasional music & book reviews, around-the-house projects, and general silliness. I've tried to freshen up the look of things from the dark "cyber" vibe that was going on that isn't exactly reflective of my personal taste. So what's been going on since I last posted in 2009? Well, here's a timeline in photos:

 I got married:

We bought a house (Yes, it snows here sometimes.):


I ran a mildly successful earring shop on Etsy for almost two years. 544 sales later, I shut it down for lack of time and the monotony of making hundreds of Justin Timberlake earrings.

Most importantly,  I saw 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' on opening weekend with this bozo:

So, pretty much all major life events with the exception of children. Well... actually, we did adopt one! Our sweet Daisy - Boston Terrier extraordinaire. She is the first mostly white Boston I've seen and I was instantly in love. We added her to our family in 2012:

P.S. Our wedding and family photos are from a dear friend who also happens to be a talented photographer - Lori Allen. Find her here: http://loriallenphotography.com/

I'll post about our DIY backyard wedding another time. Until then, I'll be humming the tune to Welcome Back, Kotter and reminiscing of the days before John Travolta went all Scientologist on us.

No comments: